Monday, 29 July 2013

I'm still here.........

Yes, I know it has been over two months but I have been still reading blogs, although not commenting and not blogging myself, just havent felt the blogging mojo and we have been busy. There has been great things and not so great things going on. In May beloved and I went to see Seth Lakeman in concert in Oxford - he was wonderful. We have also seen T invovled in a number of events in his last year at his current school - he goes to middle school in September and it has been great to see school plays, sports days and awards. We have also been enjoying the fantastic weather and have the summer holidays to look forward to.

The not so great things include now having a 3 year renewal driving licence due to my ongoing eye problems, which are not going to get any better - the best I can hope for is no further deterioration. At least I didnt lose my licence! Work is not so good, I work for the Probation Service and as many may know, it is up for privatisation and there is a lot of uncertain for everyone in terms of their jobs. I really feel like I am in limbo at the moment and it seems that we will not know where we stand for some time. Yes, I could be at risk of losing my job in the long term. In remembering my girl guide motto 'Be prepared', we are now saving a regular amount each month, in an attempt to have some sort of savings in the case I do lose my job. It wont be much, but at least its an attempt to do something positive rather than just wallowing in dejection and despair.

So as ever there is also positives and negatives, usually more negatives, but I keep trying to keep everything in perspective and just 'roll with the resistance'.
Till next time, bright blessings x

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you, going to see Seth Lakeman, we saw him at Glastonbury and I loved him.
    I t must be horrible having these unknown's in your life, I think you are very wise to put some savings away. Please take care of you and stay well and strong xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, take good care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to catch up with your news. Take care. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been reading many blogs recently as I've been busy. Last night I realised I hadn't seen a blog entry from you for ages and I was going to email you to see if you were OK. It's tough about the driving licence but I hope that when you keep up with the drops, they will have the desired effect and keep you road legal.

    Sorry about the job, it seems endemic at the moment, a friend of mine took vol redundancy from the prison service but she has not got a job at Boots I think. She needed a complete change from the seedy side of life. I've worked in probation service many years ago when it was a secure job. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have not blogged for ages and am finally catching up this week, it was good to catch up with your news. i hope your job remains secure xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping all is ok with you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihave just thought I would write and ask the very same question, HW. Hope you are OKx

    ReplyDelete