Tuesday, 8 January 2013

One day you're up, the next you are down

Just  when we think things are on up, there is always something to bring you down again. In short I have been diagnosed with Glaucoma, I'm still in shock to be honest. There are long term implications and I am worried that I could lose my driving licence, I am going to have to disclose this to the DVLA and they ask you to have regular field vision tests. The last time I did this (during my most recent eye test), I had to do it twice to pass it. If I end up losing my licence, I could lose my job, its a requirement to have a licence. I have been given eye drops and will need to see the Opthamologist again in a few months to see if the drops are working. The long term implications could be loss of vision and possibly blindness. I guess I am going to have to get used to it, take the drops and try not to let this stress me out. Many people with Glaucoma do not lose any vision and carry on as normal, so think positive!

Blessings x

12 comments:

  1. Yes yes - think positive. Sending you positivity vibes. xxxx Super big shock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this news, but you are right you must think positive.
    Positive thoughts attract positivity - sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh what a shock for you, such a lot to take in. I guess all you can do at this stage is to read as much as you can about the condition and arm yourself with the facts. Keep positive xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you love and best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life certainly tests us doesn't it?
    I know its easy to say be positive when its not me but I do know that with treatment it can be controlled so like the others comments, try to be positive.
    Hugs
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive thoughts, love and hugs to you Becky. I would say read up as much as you can about it - that's what I did with my heart condition and it made me feel a little more in control of things and able to question decisions being made about treatment etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky. What a shock for you. Yes, you really must try to remain positive. I am sure that all will be well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs from me.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear your news. Hope that you have better news in the next test. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Becky, it must be very worrying for you. Can I just tell you that I had two cataracts done, one many years ago and the other in 2001, which is also a long time ago. Apparently the first one was put in in a non-normal position and it can cause pressure in the eye, a similar sympton of Glaucoma. I have been to the hospital every six months since about 1994. Only the last two or three years have I been prescribed Xalatan, or recently a similar drop, which has been highly successful in bringing down the pressure dramatically.

    Make sure you don't forget the drops, as I am sure you will be able to manage the complaint, with care and help from the hospital. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky,

    Thinking positively can work wonders! I totally agree with Scarlet as well - become an expert in your condition & find out as much as possible, so you can be prepared when seeing consultants.

    Nutritionally, bilberries can be helpful in slowing down glaucoma, especially if you increase your vitamin C intake. Peppers, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale, parsley & citrus fruit are all good sources.

    I have quite a bit of information here, so if you'd like to hear more please drop me a line: justhumansbeing@gmail.com

    Take care & hope the drops relieve the pressure.

    Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i am so sorry to hear this news, sending you positive thoughts xoxox

    ReplyDelete