Monday, 21 January 2013

Health and a Harvest Moon

Many thanks to everyone who left very kind comments on my last post. I dont think I have yet to come to terms with the glaucoma, its like it is something going on "over there" rather than to me. Im putting the drops in religiously, but I do get frustrated as there is no way of knowing if they are working, until I go back for a check-up. I will get over this and accept it, just coming to terms with it. Since start of the year, I've not had a good start - just recovering from a bad s & d bug and several weeks ago, I badly scalded my right hand whilst making a cup of tea and doing about 4 things at once. Bit of a bugger when I'm right handed.

As you can see, I have a new blog name, I wanted something that reflected me and my 'path'/feelings/beliefs more and whilst I am still dreaming of living by the sea, I'm trying to be a bit more in the here and now! The header photo is of a standing stone at The Minions on bodmin moor, we visited the standing stones last year when visiting family in the summer. A very special place, as are all standing stone sites. I now want to visit Avebury and the Rollright stones in Oxfordshire.

A harvest moon is the full moon that occurs closest to the Autumnal Equinox. As you may know, Autumn is my favourite season and also the season of my birth. I always find it to be the most special time of the year and this full moon is special, but then so are all the others.

Finally, please check out this site http://www.woolagainstweapons.co.uk/.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you are on the mend now, sicky bugs are the worst for pulling you down. I had one on boxing day and felt rotten for days. I love your new title. A harvest moon is quite something to behold. Autumn is one of my favourite times of year too, probably on a par with Spring. Both seasons have the best show of colours, though Autumn reds and golds are hard to beat! Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice title - Being in the here & now is a good thing!

    Had to laugh at your header photo though, as it says it all about Cornwall... Incredibly wet! We love it up at the Minions & visited again in September... It rained then too! We've visited Avebury lots over the years & love it, though haven't been since living in Cornwall. We've also visited the Rollright stones, our daughters were taught to dowse there, which they loved! Castlerigg in Cumbria is pretty amazing, as is Arbor Low in Derbyshire - all the stones there are recumbent! Standing stones always feature highly on our holidays - we all love them!

    Love Wool Against Weapons - are you involved?

    Take care,

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs to you. Health issues can be difficult to come to terms with - in my experience it can take time, and sometimes a lot of it. My advice would be to be kind to yourself. Love your new blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are being positive, well done, its not easy life is it? often I go down but always come back up again and I'm sure you'll be the same.
    Love the new title of your blog, will I have to change it in my 'Blogs I Love'?
    Keep warm and sending lots of warm thoughts your way.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely new photo and name :) you will just adore avebury and the rollrights. we will be camping near avebury again in may and the rollrights for the autumn equinox...hopefully we will have them for our group again.

    yes, health issues like this can take some adjusting to, i think i am still coming to terms with my diabetes and still fight against it at times...take care xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new name and the picture. There is a stone circle at my mum in law's place in the Isle of Man. I love going to see it when we visit.

    The drops will work, and I am sure you will see an improvement each time you go back for a checkup. Keep chin up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky :)

    Just dropping in to say thanks for 'joining' over at mine, will have a better nosey round yours this weekend. Love your header photo, peaceful & inviting :)

    ReplyDelete