|Yes, a few campers just because there has a been a lack of VWs on the blog recently!|
This year we have set a budget for Christmas and this includes the food as well as presents - we have to buy presents for 8 kids and 2 adults. We have our decorations and do not go out every year and buy new, as I know some do. Im not worrying about it, as we have set our budget and will be ready. I cant wait until I finish on Christmas Eve and can look forward to being off until 7th Jan with beloved and T - just family time. I have given a lot of thought to your comments and what I know to be good money habits and have decided to start with the following:
- A return to shopping lists and menu planning
- Setting and sticking to a weekly shopping budget - this has been sliding as well recently
- Adding up as I go alone to ensure that I stick to said budget
- No unecessary car journeys - wasting petrol
- Cancelling any unecessary direct debits and other expenses
- Spending diary - I have found a blank note book I can use, I used to do this all the time, cant believe I stopped
- Being mindful of the energy we use, I think we are already quite good at this, but I'm sure we could get better
- Batch cooking - not something I have really done, always had the excuse of not enough time, but I guess you have to make the time.
So this is the start of us getting back in control of our money, saving money and hopefully paying off the debts even quicker, that would be the best bit.Watch this space to see how we get on
Edited - Very sorry I seem to have inadvertently deleted the previous post and comments, I didnt mean to!