Monday, 24 September 2012

Autumn


Well, I cant believe its been nearly a month since my last post. The ebb and flow of life sometimes takes over and blogging has to take a back seat. As we suspected the Halifax wrote to us stating that they had done nothing wrong and that we will not get our money back. We have taken the case to the financial ombudsman - they seem to think we have a case, I'm not convinced. What makes it worse is that we borrowed some of the money from my parents and I want to pay them back. I will have to save up to do this.

Moving onto other more cheerful things, we recently paid a visit to the local museum, there was a vintage transport festival taking place, lots of cars, motorbikes and military vehicles. The museum has a transport section which it is expanding, as well as a developing history of MK and a telephone museum - great fun had by all playing with the phones and pretending to be switchboard operators!! Here are some photos

I love Morris Minors




We didnt take many photos, too busy looking at everything.
So, the Autumn equinox has been and gone, the half way point, we look forward now to Yule, the winter solstice. I spent the Autumn equinox in quiet contemplation, I think I have said before that Autumn is my favourite season and the season of my birthday. I'm looking forward to mists and mellow fruitfulness, although not at the moment, as I write this, we have torrential rain!








4 comments:

  1. I do hope the ombudsman finds in your favour. That Morris Minor is lovely! Enjoy Autumn - it's just cold, wet and miserable here at the moment so not much to enjoy! I'm ever hopeful of some of those lovely Autumn days though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope that everything goes your way with the ombudsman. It's very stressful to get involved in this sort of thing. Sending you loads of best wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the response from Halifax - typical! Do hope you can get some compensation, especially so that you can pay back your parents. I love autumn as well. Let's hope it will be a lovely dry one, after all the torrential rain of our summer, so that we can enjoy all the wonderful colours. My cousin used to have one of those bubble cars and he used to pick me up from school in it back in the 1960's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky,
    I'm so glad to hear that you got to visit the museum. As you know I go every year and always end up taking loads of photos for the blog.
    I'm off there this weekend coming (13/14th) so let's hope the rain keeps off. Before I retired I worked for Plessey, the telecomm. Co. and I also found the phone section interesting.
    Cheers....Bernard

    ReplyDelete