Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Cornwall

Hello all, thank you for all the kind comments on my last post. We have made a complaint to Halifax and are now waiting to see if we stand a chance of getting any money reimbursed. We have recently been to Cornwall for a week to visit family, T has spent two weeks with his grandparents in Cornwall. I'm currently off for the last week and a bit with T until he is back to school next Wednesday.We paid a visit to the steam railway in Launceston - T loved it.
At the end of the railway there was a playground and farm animals for the kids.
We also had a day out in Brixham, still a working fishing town.
The lifeboat was in, just waiting. We were able to look around the lifeboat station and look at the inshore lifeboat. T and beloved thought this was wonderful.
We also went for a look around Bodmin jail - this was the execution room.
I felt an overriding sense of sadness. The prison had both civil and naval prisoners at one time. Did you know at one time you could be jailed for being an indefatigable rogue. Many sad stories of children aged 10/11 being transported for stealing raisins and eggs and other seemingly minor things.
We also parked up at Minions on Bodmin Moor and visited the Hurlers. Sorry for the quality of the pic - it was raining and very windy. The Hurlers are just one of many ancient stone sites in Cornwall. I found it a very special place and definitely felt energy coming from the stones. We had a wonderful week and as always I was sad to leave Cornwall, but I know I will return.

6 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a much needed break. I hope that the Halifax 'do the decent' thing. Best Wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live just round the corner in Liskeard, pop in next time xxx Love Froogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steam trains, tractors and Sea-side - I can never get too much of any of them.
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete