Tuesday, 19 June 2012

catching my breath

Catching my breath in the literal sense and feeling very wheezy and breathless at times. I've not been myself lately, for more than 4 weeks, I've had a persistant cough which has got progressively worse. It has culminated in my attendance at the local hospital today for a chest x ray. The GP told me yesterday that I dont have a chest infection, it could be asthma or could be something else. Yes, I've seen the tv ad about lung cancer. I've been given a ventolin inhaler as a cough suppressant, my coughing has been particularly bad at night and kept both me and beloved awake. Oh and to add to it all, experiencing heart palpitations at times as well, although this could be stress.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the solstice and really want to wake up in time to see and experience the sun rise. Blessings to all those who will also be celebrating the summer solstice.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you`re having health difficulties.
    I had similar symptoms about 10 years ago. Was having a persistent cough for about 2 month. I was diagnosed with asthma and was told that I had contracted it through an airborn virus.
    Been on inhalers eversince. Also had an operation on polyps and I am on nasel sprays for that as well, now. Must content myself with this situation for the rest of my life now.
    Hope you can recover from your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is very stressful, despite being really exciting as well. Hope you will be feeling better soon.
    Just off to Chalice well for the Solstice ceremony, planning to watch the sun come up over the Tor tomorrow morning. Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to here you have been troubled. It can be so worrying but as others have said stress does not help and moving is stressful. Enjoy the solstice. Where has the year gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky - I'm no expert, but I would say that your asthma is pollen related... It's quite common for some folks to get these symptoms at this time of year, especially if you are feeling stressed. The best way to deal with it naturally is to strengthen your immune system. Eat plenty of garlic, onions & thyme - which will all help with your cough. Make sure you eat a good balanced diet, cut down on or cut out dairy. Miso soup is good for immunity, as is Aloe Vera, Echinacea & Molkosan.

    Hope this helps!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer Solstice Blessings!And hope that you will be feeling more yourself soon..
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have just caught up with your post. I hope that you're feeling a bit better today. All the best, JX

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Becky i have had the same~a coughing virus lurgy thing for about 6-7 weeks now. two courses of antibiotics have not worked so i went to my doctor on wednesday. i have been given two different nasal sprays to see if it is my continual pnd causing the coughing plus i am off for my chest xray this afternoon.
    hope yours clears up very soon xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete