Tuesday, 10 April 2012

A freebie and life's little luxuries


I was off work last week with T and my parents visited from Cornwall, it was fantastic to see them, I really miss them and only see them several times a year. Regular readers will know that I would love to move to Cornwall to be closer to my family, maybe one day. My mum bought us a number of goodies, including this bag which came from my Aunt. She didnt want it anymore and has enough bags to open a bag shop. Its probably been used maybe once, twice at the most and is virtually new. It is a lovely russet red, not sure if that is clear from the photo and is from Mango, I've never set foot in this shop, but I am assuming that the bag would not have been cheap. I'm using the bag, holds everything I need for work. So onto life's little luxuries, whilst I was off, I enjoyed plenty of what I call 'real' coffee -

To me this is a real treat and you can buy reasonably priced coffee for a cafetiere now. I dont smoke or drink and I can manage a packet of this coffee from time to time. Another little luxury is this -
At the beginning of the year, I made a pledge to only eat fairtrade/ethical chocolate and I have been sticking to it. Each week I buy a bar of green and black and really look forward to snuggling on the sofa scoffing it. As a result, I have been eating a lot less chocolate and this has contributed to my weight loss. In the past 11 weeks I have lost over a stone in weigh - woo hoo really pleased about this, just a couple more stone to go!! For those who asked, I will post photos of the two sea/shore inspired blankets shortly, still working on them, for now take care x

10 comments:

  1. Well done on your weight loss - that's very impressive!

    Whereabouts do your parents live? Are they near Meva by any chance?

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on weight loss . Ive been down recently as lost my dad so been eatin way to much need to get grip. Id love to live by sea to and love all things to do with seaside. My house is done up like seaside cottage although live in West Midlands. I look forward to seeing your project I love seahorses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohooo well done on the weight loss one day hun you will get to Cornwall and you'll love it........ i do :) theres no better place x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag! I am going to try to be good now and just eat that Green & Black's organic chocolate, instead of scoffing Cadbury's milk!! Wow! Well done you on that weight loss = that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More congrats here for the weight loss - well done.
    We all need a treat now and again - does wonders for the moral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee, chocolate and handbags.. Hmmm.... I think we share the same vices! The only one I would add to the list is wine!!!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag and well done on the weight loss x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bag - I saw one on a shop yesterday and was tempted, but thought of my savings and walked straight past. Well done on the weight loss - that's amazing - you must be feeling very chuffed xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the weight loss.Doesn't chocolate taste better when you don't eat so much of it? I find I can really savour it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In reading your dream about the cottage by the sea and your ideal lifestyle, I totally concur. Me too! I live in as cottage (Crow Cottage) in Salem, Massachusetts which is by the sea but not close enough for me. About a mile to the actual water from here. But husband is a lobsterman and works on the sea so it's accessible when/if I need it. We get free lobsters for dinner now and then too. We are Anglophiles, having been to the UK 8 times but haven't been back since 2002 and miss it terribly. We love Yorkshire the best of all but haven't been to Cornwall. Nice to meet you, I'm Bex (webspeak for Rebecca).

    ReplyDelete