Monday, 19 December 2011

Shh............its oh so quiet

Its very quiet in the dub household at the moment - T is currently staying at his Nanny's house for a few days and beloved and I really notice his absence, we are missing him terribly. He will be back in the middle of the week, a day at his cousins and then I will be at home with him on Friday. We will then be getting ready to go away. We are going to Cornwall on Christmas Eve to stay with my family over Christmas, we will be back home in time for New Year and spending time with Beloved's family. While I love seeing our families, I sometimes wish that we could just be tucked up in our own home for the duration. We have managed to slash our Christmas budget this year, we only buy for the children, no adults and this has made a big difference. Everyone agreed that over the years we have all spent too much and if you desparately needed something, why wait until Christmas.

I have managed to get T's presents - all are either second hand or greatly discounted in price. Feeling quite proud of myself with this achievement. I am off work from Thursday until the beginning of January when T goes back to school, I cant wait until I'm off, I really feel that I need the break. January is likely to be a busy month with beloved planning to work on his mum's bathroom which needs some repairs. I'm planning to sell more items on ebay and I also plan to sell some jewellry and other bits and bobs that I no longer want or need. What is the point of keeping them -taking up valuable space! For now I'm looking forward to Yule celebrations x

5 comments:

  1. I'm pleased you've managed to get all your shopping done :o)
    I'm mostly finished now..just a few bit's left.
    Have a wondeful Christmas won't you my dear?

    Take care, and safe journey.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings of the season! Have a cool yule :-D Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be far better to only buy for the children. I send my m-i-l vouchers and she sends me some or a cheque! Why bother?

    Husband asked me what I want and I said nothing, but he insists on getting me something, I think it makes him feel inadequate if he doesn't. I then said I would love a coffee maker and that means he would buy me something useful instead of just for the sake of. I've bought him a Caithness paperweight from a charity shop and a heavy rock CD from Ebay!

    We're going to my son's for Christmas Day but I'd just as soon sit around our own fire, we've only ever had one year when we did that, not that I won't enjoy myself at my son's, and I will be contributing to food/drink.

    I hope you have a wonderful Yule in Cornwall & health and happiness for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely Christmas with your family Dubgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful break and a lovely time in Cornwall too...
    We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete