Monday, 21 November 2011

Sold!

Yes, the bag sold for £20. The buyer got a real bargain, a mint condition Ted Baker designer handbag which would probably retail for around £50-£60. Many thanks for the comments on my previous post, they are very helpful and I will bear them in mind for my next ebay sale. Life in the dub household is ticking along in a mundane but comforting way at the moment aside from my horrible itchy red rash. I have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosacea. Little is know about it's causes, but my doctor stated that it is likely to have been brought on by my body's response to a virus. It can last up to 8 weeks and the itching is very uncomfortable at times. Its not contagious or infectious thankfully, so no time off work. In fact I feel very well, just unpleasant to look at.

I have mentioned before that I am setting up my altar, well I have started on what you could call a mini altar in the kitchen. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so it made sense.
I know this photo is dark - I took at the end of the day last week, but you get the general idea, it is still a work in progress. There is a conker, a little mushroom, a hag stone that beloved found, a small dish with a number of stones that T has given me from his travels. The goblet I found on a second hand stall at the market, its not perfect and I like that. The wooden spoon is hand painted, I bought it some time ago and then put it away as I didnt know what to do with it.
This is the design on the spoon, appealing to my witchy side.
You can see the design up the handle as well. There were all manner of pictures on the spoon, but all of a fantasy/fairy/pagan theme. Oh and we have finally given in and had the heating on, we have had a couple of really cold mornings over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on selling the bag. I love the wooden spoon, very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased your bag sold although as you say, the seller did get a bargain! :o(

    I like the picture on the spoon and the way it continues up the handle.

    Another problem that can cause itchy skin complaints is stress!
    It's quite a common cause that Dr's kinda forget to tell you....
    Also, have you googled it my lovely? Sometimes there are natural ointments you can use i.e honey is good for the itchiness. And there's also things you may be able to eat to relieve the symptoms too...

    Have a good week my lovely, and take care,
    Love Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize with you, as I get terribly itchy skin, and it drives me insane. I have now completely changed my diet, and am eating for my blood group. Worth a try, I thought! Glad you sold your bag, but as you said, they got a bargain! Still, better to have that £20 in your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you sold your bag. It's so exciting. I hope you soon recover from your whatsits.

    WHAT IS THAT lurking under the cover outside your window??????? Methinks it is a Beetle! Very soon there will be a similar apparition on my drive as I've just ordered a cover for mine. Last winter I couldn't get in it for the frozen snow.

    Your alter looks really lovely and natural.

    ReplyDelete