Thursday, 11 August 2011

Lazy, hazy summer days and freebies

Hi to one and all, it seems to have been a bit of a gap between now and the last post. We are now on the 3rd week of the summer holidays and so far it has gone well. Beloved and I taken alternate weeks off with T in order to avoid the astronomical costs of summertime childcare. This week T is at his grandparents in Cornwall and on Saturday beloved and I will be joining him at my parents for another Cornish week. I cant wait. Between us, beloved and I have managed to keep the last couple of weeks entertaining and frugal. On the occasions when we have gone out, we have managed to keep costs low by sourcing cheap deals, vouchers etc, especially for things like the cinema.
My neighbour kindly gave us these courgettes from her allotment and very tasty they were too.
She also gave us these yummy plums - they have all gone now!
I've been given this bag by my Aunt who is a total shopaholic, but I'm not complaining! It will be great for work.
She also gave me this one, which I love, she has more bags than anything else. Click on the picture and it gives more details and the brightness of the colours.
Sorry for the blurring, I was trying to get a closer photo of the bright colours on the bag.
Whilst in the loft looking for something else, beloved found this framed print, I had forgotten I had this, but love it. It was a car boot find, I love any prints/paintings of the sea/coast etc. SOrry the photo is at a weird angle, I was bending down, dont know why I did move the picture! x

7 comments:

  1. LOL I could have sworn they were bananas! I have not seen yellow courgettes before, althoug I had yellow tomoatoes which were lovely.
    I do like your bag. I just bought a Toran on the market which has similar embroidery.
    Enjoy Cornwall, I'm sure you won't be able to resist a peep in the estate agents window :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow courgettes, we used to grow them when we had a allotment, those and butternuts were no problem to grow.
    Enjoy Cornwall, I haven't been down there for years, bet it's changed a lot....
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colourful bag is gorgeous, I clicked on it to see the detail. Enjoy your week in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I envy you and your trip to Cornwall.
    Penzance and Lands End used to be my haunts, about 26 years ago. I miss it every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I thought they were bananas as well! That's such a good idea about sharing the summertime childcare. Bet he's having a lovely time with his grandparents this week. Have a great week next week, and I hope the weather will be kind to you. If the weather's good, you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love the colourful bag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your holiday in cornwall. You did well with your freeby gifts this week, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow courgettes, but when I first saw yours, i thought they were those cases you can buy to keep bananas from getting bruised in LOL.

    Love your bike from your previous post too! What a beauty :o)

    ReplyDelete