Thursday, 2 June 2011

Ten year plan

If anyone has previously read my other blog, then they will know that I have recently talked about our 10 year plan to clear all our personal debt. The idea is to clear the overdraft, credit cards and my debt managment plan (DMP) within the next 10 years, although it will be more like 8 years. The idea was to start by clearing the overdraft on an account of Beloved's which is no longer in use. Well, I have to report that when we were paid last week, we paid off half the overdraft and by next month, this will be gone. One debt will be gone, we then start snowballing on the credit cards. I'm feeling very positive about this and I know that in the past, on my other blog, I was always moaning and being negative, well this is an attempt to stay positive about the debt and our finances and not let it control and run my life.

2 comments:

  1. So here you are :-D
    Well done for making a great start on clearing the overdraft, isn;t it a lovely feeling.
    We had a 6 year plan to move to Glastonbury, so it does work :-)
    Have you met Kay, one of my followers? She and her husband live the sort of life you might enjoy reading about, by the sea, in Cornwall.
    All the very best with your plans, as my American friend tells me "Keep your eyes on the prize" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very easy to get bogged down with negativity, well done for making a positive move. Always look on the bright side of life, the occasional blip is ok, as long as you pick yourself up and start again. No one can do it for you, it's every woman for herself, ha ha. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete